Best Data Science/AI Solution in LegalTech
Entries for Best Use of Data Science/AI in Legaltech must be self-nominated.
For this award category, Legaltech is defined to cover the application of data science/AI technology to the legal domain to enhance, automate, or improve the processes involved in the delivery of legal services and products to consumers and/or businesses. The areas covered by this award include, but are not limited to, practice management & optimization, electronic research and discovery, contract analytics, and smart contracts. Entries to this award must showcase how they have applied Data Science/AI as part of a live implementation within the legal domain.
The solutions/products described in the entry must have been developed within the past 12-18 months.
It is recommended that your application is submitted in data science context rather than marketing literature as each submission will be marked against the criteria set out below and will be reviewed by a data science professional.
Nominees will be scored on a number of different criteria, receiving a score out of 100
- Demonstrate the organisation’s understanding of the business problem in LegalTech; describe the key stakeholders and customers. Document how the project came about and how your organisation got it off the ground. [10 Points]
- Document the solution developed for the business problem. Provide an overview of the implementation of the solution and how it was deployed. Showcase the complexities and challenges you faced and how you overcame them. [15 Points]
- Describe the data science skills, tools and techniques that were applied in order to deliver this project, in terms of both quantitative analysis of datasets and the application of Data Science/AI techniques to the problem at hand. [15 Points]
- Outline the innovation in your solution. What differentiates it from other solutions in LegalTech that have been applied to the same problem? [20 Points]
- Clearly describe how your solution to the business problem is delivering real business value. Showcase the number of customers that are using benefiting from this solution, and how they are benefiting. What other impact is the solution having on the business. [30 Points]
- Describe your vision for your solution into the future. What other problems in LegalTech do you plan to address through the application of Data Science/AI? [10 points]