Data Scientist of the Year
Sponsored by SPONSOR NAME
Entries for Data Scientist of the Year must be self-nominated.
This award recognizes the outstanding contribution an individual has made to driving data science/AI innovation and awareness within their organisation and/or the broader data science community and/or the general public.
Entrants are required to provide demonstrable examples of how they have helped to drive awareness and use of data science/AI, and provide an example of a high impact data science/AI project they have completed within the preceding 12-18 months that showcases their technical ability.
It is recommended that your application is submitted in data science context rather than marketing literature as each submission will be marked against the criteria set out below and will be reviewed by a data science professional.
Candidates will be scored on the following set of criteria, receiving a score out of a maximum possible 100 points.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business problems and the ability to deliver business value. [10 Points]
- Describe how you work with other business stakeholders and overcome organisational barriers. [10 Points]
Skills, Tools, & Techniques
- Demonstrate application of data manipulation skills, tools, and techniques to perform quantitative analysis. [10 Points]
- Demonstrate application of machine learning skills, tools and techniques to create models and deliver predictions and recommendations. [10 Points]
- Demonstrate usage of data visualisation for the purposes of deriving business insights. [10 Points]
- Demonstrate usage of advanced visualisation techniques to demonstrate data or model complexities. [10 Points]
Note: candidates may provide up to 4 examples of their visualisations to demonstrate this skill.
- Demonstrate the delivery of innovative business value through the application of data to existing or new business problems. [20 Points]
- Provide examples of multi-dimensional communication that showcase your story-telling and communication skills, and demonstrate the impact of these skills on your organisation and/or the broader data science community. [20 Points]